Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Do-It-Yourself Hotel

Here's an interview with Hilton Hotel's president Matt Heart (Business Travel News (6/20/05). Hilton has been a leader in adopting self-check-in systems for hotels (yeah!). It is no surprise that they really looked at customer tasks and discovered other things DIY customers migh need -- like the ability to print out their airline boarding pass.

When DIY customers become conditioned to the DIY life, it annoys them when they lose access to it. For the past couple of years I have wanted a way to print my boarding pass at the hotel without paying an arm and a leg in the "business services center". Seems like Hilton has figured out an easy way for me to do this. I guess I can stop trying to get through airport security by showing the .pdf of my boarding pass on my computer's screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home