Thursday, May 14, 2009

Customer Education Games

Here's an interesting twist on customer education in terms of enabling customers to recognize that they might potentially have a need for a good or service. ARS Ready Rooter's Energy Challenge game asks questions about various energy efficiency measures related to different parts of a home. See http://www.arsenergychallenge.com/

On the plus side, it help me connect (although not immediately) a need I might have to ARS's services. On the minus side, the feedback I get when I select the wrong answer is condescending and treats a potential customer like they are stupid. From a customer experience standpoing, kind of makes me apprehensive to call them for service -- will their field service techs treat me like I'm an idiot?

The better solution would be to make the feedback initially constructive and helpful. For example, instead of feedback saying, "You can't be serious," a better approach would be something along the lines of, "A lot of people incorrectly think this. ARS can help get you the right answers."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home